The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission met in Washington, D.C. last week to discuss a number of issues on which it is contemplating advising Congress.
- the role of Medicare policy in provider consolidation
- stand-alone ERs
- payments from drug and device manufacturers to physicians and teaching hospitals
- determining benchmarks and beneficiary premiums under a premium support system for Medicare
- Medicare outlier payments and hospital charging practices
- Medicare Advantage: calculating benchmarks and coding intensity
- population-based outcome measures: healthy days at home and potentially preventable admissions and ER visits
Go here to see the issue briefs and presentations associated with MedPAC commissioners’ discussions about these issues.